Join MiRC for our Q4 Holiday Meeting "Under the Stars"
located at the newly renovated history-rich and iconic
Book Tower - Detroit
Corporate Panel of 5 from 4 States
Dinner and Dancing
Silent Auction to benefit Say Detroit
Commissioned by the Book brothers, architect Louis Kamper designed Book Tower to transform Washington Boulevard into a dynamic intersection of Detroit. When it opened in 1926, the 38-story skyscraper – with Roman-influenced intricacies and sparkling interiors – was the tallest structure in the city, hosting Detroiters for both work and play.
The restoration and renovation of Book Tower’s Rotunda, carved archways, hand-painted details and architectural standouts remind residents of their home’s history and welcome visitors to live, work, dine, celebrate and stay once again.
Watch This CBS segment on Book Tower to get a feel of just how special this venue will be for our Holiday Event!
Venue Address & Hotel Reservations:
- Book Tower - 1265 Washington Blvd, Detroit, MI 48226
- For Reservations with Roost located in the Book Tower please use the code GRPMIRC at this link: MIRC Holiday Event Booking Link
- Queen Studio - $149
- King Studio - $159
- 1 BR Apt/King - $199
- 1 BR Apt Premium/King - $229
- 2 BR Apt/2 King - $329
- Valet - Front entrance Book Tower - 1265 Washington Detroit:
- Daily fee $15 (for attendees, not staying)
- Overnight -$45 unlimited in/out privileges
- Self-Parking - Garage next door- 1431 Washington Blvd:
- 1 Hr - $6
- 2 Hr - $12
- 3 Hr - $18
- Overnight - $24
- Overnight with unlimited in/out privileges- $30
- Multiple Service Lots
Panel Topic: “Moving” Your Career in Mobility
How many times have you heard a mobility industry professional state, “I just fell into mobility”? There is definitely not an undergraduate degree, certification program or an outlined career path for those in the relocation industry. Many global mobility professionals, whether on the supplier or corporate side, have a desire to continue learning and growing their skill set. But how can they make the leap to learn an entirely new segment of this intricate industry? The MiRC board has put together a panel of industry veterans that have moved from the supplier side to the corporate world, as well as those that have moved within the corporate mobility space at various organizations. Panelists will share their experiences and provide information regarding how you can take charge of your career.
All Corporate Panel:
Entertainment - DJ:
- 4:00 - 4:30pm – Check-In
- 4:30 - 5:00pm - Board Updates including announcement of New Board Members elected for 2024
- 5:00 - 6:30pm - Panel discussion
- 6:30 - 9:30pm – Dinner, Entertainment and Silent Auction
Limited Meeting Sponsorships Available:
- Entertainment: 2 available at $1000 each - SOLD OUT
- Dessert Bar: 1 available at $1000
- Open Bar: 3 available at $1000 each
- Click HERE to view and purchase
2023 Designated Charity:
- Please consider donating an item for our Silent Auction - you will be asked at registration.
A 501(c)(3) charity founded in 2006 by Mitch Albom, SAY Detroit provides pathways to success for Detroiters in need. This is achieved by direct efforts and with civic and community partners, through programs such as an after-school motivational learning center for youth, 8-18; a free family medical clinic; a housing program for working families; and other learning, health care and housing initiatives for Detroit’s most vulnerable populations. It also supports local partner charities with funds raised at a live annual Radiothon held in December on WJR (760 AM).